Terms and Conditions for Using TEEDU Online Services
The Terms and Conditions of Teedu cc. for the use of Teedu online services in South Africa can be found in the following provisions. The user is obliged to gain an extensive overview of the functions and operation of the website.
"Agreement" means these terms and conditions, and the Privacy Statement.;
"Indemnified Party" means each of Teedu, its officers, employees, contractors, consultants and agents from time to time, and any related entities, associates or affiliates of Teedu, and each of their respective officers, employees, contractors, consultants and agents from time to time;
"Intellectual Property Rights" means industrial and intellectual property whether protected by common law or under statute including (without limitation) copyright and neighbouring rights, all rights in relation to inventions (including registered patents and the benefit of any applications for a patent), plant varieties, plant breeders, registered and unregistered trade marks, registered and unregistered designs, circuit layouts and all other rights resulting from intellectual activity in the industrial, scientific, literary or artistic fields anywhere in the world;
"Services" means the online services provided by Teedu by which a natural person or legal entity may buy items, goods or services on this Site;
"Site" means the Internet web site by which Teedu offers the Services from time to time, currently http://www.teedu.co.za
"user" or "users" means any Buyer, or someone who is otherwise using the Site;
"we", "us", "our", "ourselves" and "Teedu" are used interchangeably in this Agreement and all mean Teedu;
"your information" includes all information you provide to us in using this Site, including, without limitation, as applicable:
(1) your registration details, including name and address details;
(2) the information that we learn about you as a result of your use of this Site, including without limitation, through the items, goods and services you acquire.
2. Validity and Compliancy
(1) The Terms and Conditions and guidelines of Teedu for the use of services offered on the Teedu website can be found in the following provisions. Teedu is the provider of particular items with gaming elements found on this web site. They serve to regulate the contractual and operational relationship between Teedu and the users of this website. All users declare his/her consent with these Terms and Conditions by checking the “I have read, understood and accept the Terms and Conditions ” box when establishing their user account.
(2) Teedu reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions, at any time and without stated reasons. The participant will be notified of changes to the Terms and Conditions, by e-mail. Modified Terms and Conditions, are regarded as being accepted by the users, if their validity is not contested within two weeks. These Terms and Conditions, are valid as of 7th January 2012.
3. Contract, Eligibility, Registration
In order to make use of the site, a user must complete the statements contained in the registration form. Please read the relevant data protection regulations. Each user is only permitted to register once under their email address. Teedu and users are obliged to keep passwords confidential. Teedu will not make passwords available to third parties. Teedu will neither request user passwords by e-mail nor by telephone.
3. Users – Expulsion
(1) Users may be excluded from the site at any time at the discretion of Teedu. Such an exclusion is imperative when a user has violated legal regulations, third-party rights or these Terms and Conditions; or in the case of a legitimate interest on the part of Teedu or the portal operator.
(2) Furthermore, Teedu is entitled to change (in particular to reduce or suspend) its services at any time and without prior notice.
4. System Failure
In case of a system failure, which cannot be excluded according to the current state of technology, active missions will be halted, as far as the system is able to recognize this beforehand and that it is technically possible. After the removal of the error, the mission will be continued. In this case, a claim to the "First to complete Mission" does not apply. Neither Teedu nor the operator of this internet portal guarantees the continuous operation of the system. Teedu or the portal operator are not responsible for damage resulting from the use (or lack thereof) of Teedu services by users or third parties. Likewise, Teedu or the portal operator is not responsible for damage resulting from technical defects, which prevents users from uploading mission photos in a timely manner.
5. Legal Succession
Teedu is entitled to fully or partially transfer its rights and duties resulting from contracts with users to a legal successor.
6. Liability Exclusion/Limitation
(1) Teedu shall not assume any liability for actions of a user and the resulting claims from another user or third party, to the extent that the user is responsible for this. Legal claims that could arise against Teedu in this respect, are assumed by the responsible user. The accountable user shall also assume the costs of a legal defense with regard to possible emerging solicitor, court, expert or other costs in connection with an extra-judicial or judicial legal dispute. This disclaimer does not apply when the user is not responsible for damages that have arisen.
(2) To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Teedu is only liable for specific foreseeable and typical damage arising from a contractual conclusion. A liability for secondary damage is excluded. Teedu disclaims all other warranties. Teedu will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site.
7. Interference in Data Processing Activities
Each user, either themselves, indirectly through third parties or with the assistance of programs is prohibited from interfering in, influencing, disrupting, copying without permission, disseminating or otherwise manipulating data processing activities underlying the Teedu website. This is also applicable with regard to the website layout. Users are not permitted to post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.; such use can result in expulsion.
8. Written Form, Applicable law and Legal Jurisdiction
Declarations undertaken in the contractual relationship with Teedu must be in written form and sent to the address indicated in the imprint or sent to us by e-mail. With contractual relationships with companies, the parties agree to the applicability of the law of the Republic of South Africa.
9. Severability Clause
If a provision of these Terms and Conditions, should be invalid, the remaining provisions shall retain their validity.
In addition to the requirements detailed in the points above, the entrants must be members of the Facebook website (www.facebook.com) in order to be eligible to participate in Teedu Competitions however our competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Each prize is not transferable or exchangeable and, to the maximum extent permitted in law, Teedu are not liable for any defects in any prizes.